Postdoc Position: Vince Calhoun
The Georgia State University/Georgia Institute of Technology/Emory University Center for Translational Research in Neuroimaging and Data Science (TReNDS) is focused on developing advanced analytic approaches and neuroinformatics tools that leverage brain imaging data, with a goal of translating these approaches into biomarkers that help solve issues related to brain health and disease. Large-scale data sharing and multimodal data fusion techniques are the underpinnings of our approach. We develop state-of-the-art signal processing and web-based solutions to further this goal.
About the Team
Georgia State University’s new Center for Translational Research in Neuroimaging and Data Science (TReNDS) is looking for a Post Doctoral Research Associate to join our Medical Imaging Analysis (MIA) lab! The MIA lab consists of researchers from various fields and backgrounds including neuroimaging, electrical engineering, computer science, physics, genetics, math, and statistics. MIA researchers use their expertise to develop novel analysis methods and tools to better understand and predict brain function and behavior.
About the Role
Under the guidance of Dr. Vince Calhoun, the Post Doctoral Research Associate will work on multivariate methods for multimodal brain imaging with a focus on the development of brain imaging biomarkers (i.e. a multimodal predictome). The candidate will work with blind source separation/subspace approaches (e.g. ICA, CCA) and extend these to multi-layer neural networks. The person in this position will work with a large group of researchers with a focus on developing new approaches and applying them to multiple, large data sets of healthy individuals as well as individuals with mental and neurological disorders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently design and evaluate research experiments under the guidance of the Primary Investigator
- Collaborate with Research Scientists on projects related to the development of novel research techniques and methods or other appropriate tasks
- Perform data collection, data analysis, and data management
- Participate in large-scale, grant-supported research activities that translate research into applied formats and outcomes
- Develop and write grant proposals in collaboration with internal and external researchers
- Compile, organize, and analyze various types of data to publish scientific manuscripts and present research results under Pl guidance
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Ph.D. in related field is required
- Experience in signal or image processing and/or machine learning
- Brain imaging expertise is and/or familiarity with deep learning is preferred
- Experience with MATLAB and Python